Newcastle City Council has been a national demonstration site
for the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) programme, supported by the
National Development Team for Inclusion. This day is a chance to
find out what has changed and what has improved in the last year
for young people with SEND in Newcastle:
- An Education, Health and Care Plan focussed on PfA
- More employment opportunities. Learn from: Project Choice, City
Learning, New Venture, New Traxs, Liberdade, Skimstone Arts and
- Hear from parents and young people about how their lives have
- Find out how personal budgets can help flexible planning.
- Listen to what other areas are doing and help to plan how
things will continue to improve in the future.
The day is open to schools, colleges, parents, carers, young
people and those working with them in Newcastle, and there will be
up to 5 places reserved for the other eleven regional local
authorities in the North East. Lunch will be included.
Book through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/improving-employment-outcomes-for-young-people-with-send-tickets-31415628992